Friday, April 17, 2009

I've Ordered the Marfy

Thanks for your input folks! I think Phyllis pegged it for me when she said the Burda, fabulous though it is, is more Armani than YSL. I really want the YSL sharp shoulders look. So I ordered two Marfy patterns: the green one in my previous post and this one:

I'll evaluate both of them and make a final decision when I have them in hand. Though I'm probably going to stick with my first choice. I have lots of fabrics that I can make into this jacket. And for fun, I ordered this skirt

I love the seaming detail on it, and it will be a nice change of pace for the summer. I even have some appropriately garish bright orange poplin for it. With a little tee or tank, it could be lots of fun for summer.

Boston Area Class Alert
For those of you in the eastern Mass/southern NH area, I'll be offering a "Saturday Series" starting in May. It's going to be a series of 4 classes, each two hours long, from 10AM to noon on Saturdays running May 9 to June 6 (no class on May 23, Memorial Day weekend). Each class will be self-contained and will teach one technique or related set of techniques. The four classes are:

Hand Picked Zipper with embellishments
Foolproof Welt Pockets
Designer Seam Finishes
Padstitching techniques for tailored jackets

The classes are $35 each or $100 for the series of four. Classes are limited to 6 participants. If you are interested and you're not on the class mailing list yet, drop me an email at ann "at" gorgeous fabrics(all one word) "dot" com. I'll send you the email with details.

Happy sewing!

14 comments:

Bunny said...

That skirt is a very interesting design. Sounds like big projects on the horizon. Your classes sound like an awesome opportunity.

Nancy K said...

Good, I like the green one much more than the Burda. I really love that skirt.

gwensews said...

Love the patterns. The skirt is wonderful! All look like fun!

JoanneM said...

LOVE the Marfy!

luckylibbet said...

Um - $35 each? $100 for the series? limited to six?


I sure hope you're undercharging, baby, even in a bad climate.

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived on the other side of the country- your classes sound great.

Summerset said...

Good - I was hoping you would order the Marfy, I just didn't have time to comment yesterday. The skirt looks fun, too.

Little Hunting Creek said...

I love that skirt - and orange is a great color for summer. Those classes sounds great.

Rachel said...

Both are great choices. That skirt is beautiful and the top pictured with it is really pretty.

Rachel said...

I forgot to say in my previous comment that I would love to take the welt pocket class, but I live in south Alabama. You could fly down here and teach it :)

Linda T said...

I think I prefer the Marfy that is on order to the green one. It is alittle less fussy. The skirt is great! Not a big fan of orange but I bet it would look great in a bright yellow or eye-popping green.

Wish I was closer so I could take a couple of those classes. You ought to do them on DVD and sell them.

Unknown said...

I like that Marfy jacket very much--I'm glad you opted for it. I am so envious of those who can attend your classes. Ann, I agree with Linda T--if you ever record them, I would be a customer.

*Sally* said...

Love the dress! I am not sure I would wear it in orange tho as the colour doesn't suit me! Maybe a blue!
It is so very pretty tho.

Pam Erny said...

Great choices!

...can't wait to see the orange skirt...if anyone can pull-off that fun vibrant color...it's you !
You'll look fabulous, as always!