Monday, August 24, 2009

Where the Hell Did I Put That Muslin?

Well this is just starting to tick me off. I have a complete Marfy muslin traced and cut out for a really cool jacket. I have proof! See? There it is, along with this post from May


If I can't find the damned thing, I'm going to punt and make my bustier. I already have the pattern drafted for it. Knowing my luck I'll put the muslin for the bustier together then I'll find the jacket muslin.

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

JoanneM said...

Ann,
" Murphys Law". You will complete the bustier and the Marfy will appear,under your nose......I should know.....!!!

Myra said...

Actually, maybe it should be "Marfy's Law"? Good luck finding it, and I remember your referenced post about cutting it out, hope you find it!

Unknown said...

Ugh, how frustrating! Good luck, I bet it will turn up (at the last minute)!

Adrienne said...

EEK! you will find it. I won't tell you about the fabric that I "LOST" and only after I took out ALL of my stash did I find it. I won't even bother to tell you where it was lol.

Lisa Laree said...

I have a sewn-together muslin that I lost...a Hot Patterns No Sweat jacket. Made the thing, tweaked it and, before I could get the changes transferred to the pattern it disappeared.

Purple and white awning striped fabric. You'd think it'd be OBVIOUS.

But I can't find it...and it's been several months now. Maybe even a year. I'm starting to wonder if I somehow threw it out.

Arg!!!

Cindy May said...

i can't help but laugh because i just reorgazined my sewing room and have no less then about 25!! UFO's all shoved in bags separated from patterns etc. etc. But i found a lot of stuff!

AuntieAllyn said...

Tee hee . . . I remember your post about this jacket and wondered whatever came of it!! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who misplaces things!

Pam Erny said...

..Oh I hate when that happens !

Ann Made Studio said...

It will show up.....after you finish your bustier of course :))))

Sewingadicta said...

I think there are rogue gnomes hidden under the machines and come out at night to give us these troubles! :)