The answer is simple - parent/teacher conferences of course!
No seriously, I have a couple of recitals coming up, so it's part of the outfit that I'll wear.
Which brings us to the question that seems to come up most often, which is, "What are you making to go with it?" The answer to that one is a skirt. I haven't decided what style skirt yet, but I did buy the fabric - iridescent silk chiffon in bronze/green that perfectly matches the colors in the bustier. Here you can see it pinned on Shelley

I'll probably do either a 6 gore skirt or an a-line. I'll do it in 3 layers of the chiffon. I may do a simple knit top first, though, to clear the cobwebs.
In the meantime, speaking of fabrics, I put a bunch of pieces of cut yardage up for a "Yard Sale" at Gorgeous Fabrics. A lot of them already are gone! But there are some great bargains at between 35% and 50% off. All are in perfect condition. They are sold by the piece, not by the yard. So go have a look and have fun!
Happy sewing!
14 comments:
Again, that bustier is so fabulous! Maybe I'm in a snarky mood, but I hate when I'm asked where I'm going to wear something and if I wear the clothes that I make. You should have left it at parent/teacher conferences! I would have loved to read all of the "pearl clutched" responses.
That bustier is beautiful!!!
I am droooooooling over the entire outfit!!!! But alas, I have no parent-teacher conferences to attend and would therefore have no place to wear such garments! As Tim would say, "carry on"!
I've been following the creation of this piece, and I have to say I really love it! I would wear it grocery shopping it's so nice!
So stunning! The colors are absolutely gorgeous. Your work is beautiful, too. When completed, please post a picture of yourself wearing the beautiful outfit.
Absolutely lovely. Nice work.
Absolutely stunning dress! I love the bustier! And i love the color for you! Wow, what a dress!!!
Ann....wow. The bustier is stunning, and matched with the chiffon... breathtaking.
Could you have found any fabric that was more perfect than this one? I don't think so! Can't you wangle an invitation to the Oscars?
Yes, it is stunning! Fabric that gorgeous deserves a simple treatment like this. It just lets the lace, the colors, the craftsmanship sing. I am curious about the ease you needed for singing. Can you fill up your lungs OK? How does it feel? The skirt looks fantastic, too. Well done, Ann! Enjoy!
I have enjoyed following the creation of your bustier! It looks fabulous and you will look great wearing it - wherever you want to wear it... why do they ask questions like that?
Love, love, love your busier! It is stunning. Just wish I could come to your recital and hear you sing while wearing this fabulous creations!
Cissie
It is so beautiful and I'm sure you;ll be stunning in it. My husband has been listening to me ooh and ahh over it for a few weeks and now he says "Ann, post a picture wearing it please" :-)
Mary (marec)
I left you an award on my blog!
Post a Comment