Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Where the Bustier Stands

On it's own two feet, if it so chooses! This baby is seriously boned. There are 15 boning channels in all for support. When I got home, I sat down and tacked all the seam allowances down. This not only gives a clean line to the inside of the bustier, but it makes it easier to do the other work needed to complete the outer shell. Last night I spent a lot of time tacking the lace to the foundation. Susan placed pins in the lace at the places to tack. You can see them here:

These are where you put thread tacks to hold the lace against the foundation. It insures that the lace doesn't gap away from the body. Here's the inside after I put some of the tacks in
I have a long way to go to finish, but I'd say it's about half done right now. Tonight I will attach the scallops to the top, and maybe insert the zipper if I have time and I'm not too tired.

No picture for the parting shot, but the kids are now back in school. Woo hoo! Snoopy dance time in my town!

Happy sewing!

12 comments:

McVal said...

Wow! That is looking super! The colors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

elizabeth said...

The lace is gorgeous. Really, to die for. Interested to know what you will use to line such a form fitting piece. Can't wait to see it on. A lovely piece.

Karen said...

That is a seriously gorgeous creation. Love the colors and the beading, and I can't wait to see it on you.

Gigi said...

OMG, Ann, that is amazing!

BetsyV said...

LOVE that lace and the fabric combination. Perfect colors for you! Can't wait to see it finished.

JoanneM said...

Looks fantastic Ann. That thing could hold up......racks and racks......:)

Nancy K said...

A seriously gorgeous piece.

Dana said...

The color combinations are amazing!! This is going to be one fabulous buster, oops, I mean bustier :)

reighley said...

Could you share more of the engineering that went into your bustier? Many of your readers may not appreciate how much your ribcage has to expand when you perform. It's not like you'll be merely posing in the bustier and looking gorgeous, you'll be toting barges/lifting bales (AND looking gorgeous!).

Pam Erny said...

This is so gorgeous that I am speechless.

Linda T said...

Oh my what a beautiful piece!! I can't wait to see this on you. What are you planning for the skirt?

Sig Plach Couturier & Fabrics said...

What a gorgeous piece, and such attention to detail, its couture. Your choice of french corded lace over the duchess satin creates such a lux look - it feels very french. Your pattern making technique is intriguing. Can you elaborate a little more on the darts that were added at the bust to avoid the "uni-boob" effect?
Thanks for a great post.