Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dontcha Just Hate When that Happens?

So here I am, chugging happily away at my Razor Sharp Pants. The fly is in and looking perfect; I'm pleased with my matching of the plaid. I trimmed off the top of the zipper in preparation for applying the waistband.

Then it happened.

Yep. I did it. I pulled the zipper just a wee bit too far and....

BAMNNNFFF!

I spent a good long time ripping out the zipper to reapply it, cursing myself the entire time. That's it. Next time I'm going to say to hell with it and shorten the zipper before applying it.

Parting Shot: Dance Exhibition!
DS the younger was in a show at the studio last night. They did a couple of group dances with a bunch of the kids. The first was just the kids
The second was kids partnered with pros from the studio. DS the younger was paired with Sarah, who's wearing the red dress. Cool note about her - besides being a great dancer and an absolute sweetheart, she and her partner Evgeni (to her right in the back row) took 36th at the Worlds in Tokyo this year.
The kids did GREAT (the pros did okay, too) and they all had a blast.

Now back to the damned fly.
Happy sewing!

8 comments:

Bunny said...

Oh, how frustrating! DS is darling. you must be so proud.

Gigi said...

Argh, I've done that too! I think it's just awesome that these kids have such an interest in dance. I love to dance but, unfortunately, my honey has two left feet.

Pam Erny said...

Arrrgh...I've done that zipper thing too many times!

My gosh...the camera loves your DS..he's so photogenic !

Linda T said...

What I like is that you can enjoy watching your son in comfort, without putting up with the extremes of Mother Nature.

And I agree with Pam, the he looks great on camera and so do you Ann. The camera found you several times during Dancing Tweens.

okie2thfairy said...

I just did that too. Sorry to hear about the pants issue. Dare you try to mend the hole by weaving? It's worth a try to learn if you REALLY love the pants. Ain't life grand?! Let us know how it goes.

JustGail said...

I haven't done this - yet. I usually shorten zippers from the bottom.
I did see the Dancing Tweens, your son is cute! He certainly had a mischievious twinkle in his eyes. I wish I could dance half as well as all those kids.

Anonymous said...

Did you see that DS' partner was one of the stories on Talk Soup the week that Dancing Tweens was on? I think they pulled the piece where she told him to sleep with hammers (or something like that!).

Martina

Connie b said...

Funny, I ruined a pant zipper today too!! And a wedding dress zipper on W-day last month! The photo's look great!