The tough get sewing. I'm not going to bore you with details of my week, other than to say that if ever I receive an email that begins with the words, "I thought you might be dead by now, but if not..." I will personally hop on a plane (first class of course, drinking champagne the whole way) fly down and clock the email's author!
Anyway, today Camille and Phyllis and I all got together to do some sewing and followup from Susan's class. I finished quilting the pieces. Phyllis started cutting out the first version of her jacket, and Camille wanted to try to solve a drag-line problem. We had a great time. We all were sitting there sewing, chatting and laughing. Sewing truly is a wonderful therapy and having friends who sew makes it ever more joyous.
The other nice thing that happened was that Ken, the interim director at my old church choir, emailed me and invited me to sing with them for the holiday concert. They wanted to shore up the soprano section. So I showed up last night and sang with all my old buddies. It was great.
I'm hoping to get a bunch done on the jacket over the next couple of days. Now that the quilting is done, it should go pretty quickly.
Happy sewing!
4 days ago
15 comments:
Ann, you are going to handle all of this with your usual grace and aplomb. I am so happy for your good news today - everything truly will be fine. xoxoxo
I hope you don't have a cyber-stalker. There are some real crazies out there.
Enjoy your sewing. And singing.
Sounds like a therapeutic day: sewing, friends, and laughter! Hope you're enjoying the couture details of the Chanel jacket... one day I'll do another!
Hope things are well.
Did you reply with "Yes, I am dead by now, so sorry to have missed your email."?
I would have...and then blocked the sender forever, lol!
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
and some OOOOO (cookies, any kind you like best!)
Lynn
Trials are always temporary. When they're over, they give us the opportunity to say, "Only by His grace did ...."
Ann, sounds like you had a wonderful day. You are all wonderful and fun ladies and I hope you stay well. Denise.
Wow Ann, without the details it sounds like we had the same week...I'm going to sew something right now!
Sounds like a wonderful, therapeutic day filled with friends and things you love. Good for you.
Hope that the good news continues with more to come!
ah yes, couture sewing (with friends even better) is a wonderful tool for the roller coaster of life.
Hauling out your amazing voice is not too bad, either.
Creativity is such a comfort.
*hugs*
You are an inspiration. When you wrote your piece on "Big Scary Thinks Happen" I printed it out in big bold letters and pinned it to my noticeboard in my sewing room. Its there to remind ME how to handle the problems I have going on in my life at the moment.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING & CARING!
After an email like you describe, you certainly had a better day by spending it with friends and sewing. You are an inspiration to me.
Sending a hug your way today. A two-armed, warm your soul, and comforting friend one.
I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket. Sitting and sewing with friends is indeed therapeutic.
Post a Comment