I got my Weekend Wig today! There's something about pink bobbed wigs that I have always loved. Now I have a reason to have one, so I jumped on it! I got this from Wigs.com. NAYY, I'm just really happy with them and it. I could see getting a whole wardrobe! It's all about the accessories. Dolly Parton and Racquel Welch may be on to something.
The only problem of course, is that all my makeup is geared towards being a redhead. So I need to head to MAC to buy some lipstick (I'm thinking the Lady Gaga Viva Glam) and blush. Fabulosity must be served, n'est-ce pas?
Happy sewing! I'll be heading back into the sewing room this weekend myself.
3/7/10 - I did go and get my makeup done to match better. You would not believe the surreptitious looks and out and out stares people give you when you walk through the mall with pink hair. I had the big sunglasses and full strut on as I did, so I'm sure people were wondering who the hell I was. :) I told the folks at MAC about the wig and its whyfors and they were all totally into it! They told me to come back with the blond wig and they'd show me how to tweak what I got with the pink to make it more neutral.
I had dinner at BFF Barb's last night and she snapped a pic with the phone.
1 day ago


37 comments:
Your attitude about this is so inspiring. I'm touched and a little awed. Keep it up!
I agree... Ann your attitude is very inspiring!
You set the bar for dealing with this adversity. You go!
Now that pink is awesome!
Way-to-go :)
OK, now I'm tres confused -- what will you have to change about your makeup? Did your skin color basis change too?
Awesome wig! and awesome attitude too. :)
It's fabulous.
@Toby - I just need pink blush and lipstick. I wear mostly corals, and they definitely don't go with the wig. The foundation/powder all stay the same. I might change up my eyes a bit too. I've been rocking browns and greens, but I may want to reintroduce purples. They look good with my eye color (green hazel) and will work well with the pink wig.
Can I have your autograph?
Ann, I so admire you. You have the same kind of attitude my sister had. When her hair started falling out both times, our other sister just clipped it all off! That way, there was no messy hair going everywhere! Have you considered doing that? I absolutely adore your pink wig!
Gail D.
Da-a-a-a-yum. Go on with your bad self.
You already look great and you'll look great in pink too!
Your attitude is wonderful.
All best wishes to you.
You can definitely pull this look off!
I'll say it too..... The pink is awesome and you look, HOT! HOT! HOT!
Oui! C'est fantastique!!
De Lish
Awesome!
Looks terrific. Now we will all want to get wigs! And, I love your attitude---good for you.
Deirdre
Looks great - you rock, Ann!
When you said "pink", I didn't think you meant PINK!
Fabulous!
What a fab Sock It To 'Em Pink!
You are really rocking that pink bob! I love your attitude, you are my hero.
God love you, Ann. You look great in the pink wig!! Love from Michigan
You look so Lady Gaga! Love it! Take care, sending happy thoughts your way.
Love it. How fun. My granddaughters would love it.
I've had that "who is that" experience before and it's fun! During college I was in Ken's in Kenmore Square around 2:00am. At the time my hair was really blond and I was all punked out, as I walked past a table I heard someone say "Is that Debbie Harry?"
:D
You got some balls, girl! LOL I love it!
<3 <3 <3
I'm so glad the MAC folks hooked you up. :) Keep the pics a comin'!
Positive attitude, gorgeous shoes, fabulous wigs. Love the pink!!! go girl!
Wow, Ann. You are really working it!
How awesome! I looks great on you!
I'm the Lorraine who posted on Stitchers Guild for Finding Fabric Quality. You have a great spirit, just like one of my three best friends does, who, as well as her daughter, were both diagnosed with breast cancer. Years later, they're doing great, and are as spunky with fabulosity as you are! Love your pink wig!
How HOT is that?!!!! I adore it Ann!!
Love the pink! I used to be a SUPERSTAR to little girls (and construction workers) when I wore my pink wig, but my royal blue one was by far the biggest crowd pleaser.
And I was LOLing at your Charlie Brown xmas tree description. Yeah, mine was the same, only it waited 3 weeks to the day to start falling out, just so my mom could get all excited with the totally unhelpful "ooh maybe you'll keep your hair!" only to make me feel worse when it did come out.
I found that wigs were great outside the house, but for lazing around and sleeping, some quick jersey/interlock caps were really helpful. I did a little how-to on Fehrtrade.com but I'm sure you could come up with a pattern just as easily as I did.
I love it!
You truly look pretty in pink!!!!!
Post a Comment