Saturday, March 20, 2010

This Week's Color is.....

Long red!
Larry says I look like I should have a couple of stakes in my hand and go vampire huntin'. Now the debate is which to wear Thursday - blonde or long red?

On a totally different subject, last night was opening night for the high school's production of "Titanic, the Musical" (yeah, it's a real laugh fest). DS the Elder plays Fleet, the lookout who spots the iceberg. He has a solo, and if I may be a proud mama for a moment, he nailed it! His intonation was dead on and his acting was great. DS the younger plays a first class child passenger. He didn't leave a dry eye in the house in the scene where he has to get in the lifeboat and leave his "dad" behind. Here are links to the pictures of each of them, taken by Photoherald.com

DS the Elder in the crow's nest


DS the Younger leaving his "dad"


The shirt is all done but the buttons. Yeah - I know - it's been a week, but I've been flat out running kids to rehearsals and stuff. Today. Today...

Happy sewing!

24 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I think it's in their genes! Of course they are wonderful actors they have two talented partners. And I prefer the long red one...baby you are lookin' good!

okie2thfairy said...

The red one makes you look super young. What's the look you're going for on Thursday?

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

You look fabulous! The long red suits you well. Very natural looking.

Stash said...

I vote for long red. ;-)

Woo Hoo for you and the men in your family! My goodness... Talent and looks too...;-)

Kathy said...

I love the long hair looks - very chic! The play looks great - and the scene with your youngest looks sad even in the photo! Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend!

Toby Wollin said...

You know, Ann, this wig thing is really working out for you - this one is fab. Considering the condition of my hair (thinning, dry as a bone, can't do a thing with it), I'm starting to think that a wig is in MY future...

Linda T said...

Love the long red look! Professional Glam. And you have raised two very talented young men.

You have it all!

Ann Made Studio said...

WOW seriously you look amazing!

Sounds like the play was amazing and your kids are very talented :)

Lisa Laree said...

Tech week. Nuff said. Did you manage to avoid making any of the costumes??

NancyDaQ said...

Dollbaby, you look great with the red hair!

meredithp said...

Great photos! Of all three of you. We haven't seen the blonde in action yet, have we?

Anonymous said...

That hair is fabulous! Makes you look 10 years younger! I'd keep it!

Unknown said...

Makes me want to go red, rather than the usual blonde highlights! You look fantastic, and it also looks like the boys really enjoyed being onstage!

Gay McDonell said...

You're a rock star! Rock on Sister!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Definitely keep the hair. . .I can't wait to see which outfit you choose!
El

Gigi said...

Look at you, Hot Stuff! Of course your kids are gifted - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

amber said...

Congrats to your boys. And hello Hot Mama! Lovin' the hair!!

Vmommyx4 said...

You look gorgeous!! I am dying with envy.

Elaray said...

Long red looks fantastic. And what's wrong with carrying a few stakes around? I used to work with 7th and 8th graders and there were plenty of days when I could have used a few stakes and a mallet.

Summerset said...

WOW! The red is fab! Are you sure you're old enough to have such super talent boys?!? The pictures are great, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OMG you look like a teenager in this one. In a good way. (Great coat, too.)

ClaireOKC said...

I really have seen one that you didn't look good in. You are a real chameleon! Work it!

DanainDFW said...

This looks great on you!

Sharon said...

You look sexy w/ the long red one! I'm so happy you approach everything w/ panache! Love it! You are definitely an inspiration to a lot of women!