04-07 ETA Okay, comments are closed. My son will pull the winning name from a hat and I'll announce the winner later this afternoon. Good luck!!!!
Edited to add pictures...
And to add that the giveaway is for all the fur pieces in one lot...
A friend of mine gave me a bag full of fur trims that she inherited from her mother or aunt. I honestly won't use them, so I'd rather have them go to someone who will. The pieces are mostly collars and cuffs taken from vintage coats and hats. There's mink, Persian lamb, rabbit, some faux furs and (this one is actually really cute) skunk. The pieces are pretty small, but they would be useful for trims, handbags or accent pieces. They are all in natural (i.e. brown or black or gray) tones.
I only ask that you pay for the actual postage to send them to you. If you want them, just put a comment on this post with your email in the format xxx "at" yyy "dot" zzz format (so the bots don't pick you up). I'll draw the winner from the entries on Wednesday, April 7.
Please don't email me or comment saying nasty things about fur - I'm just the messenger and I won't respond to them or post any bad comments.
Here's a picture with the skunk in the center. The big brown piece below it is mink.
There's also a piece of nude colored pigsuede. It makes a great lining for handbags.
Happy trimming!
4 days ago



38 comments:
I have been lurking for well over a year. Now more than ever.
I've been boldened b your words and incredible spirit.
Leanne
Lrclasen at gmail dot com
What a very nice Easter offer! I would especially love to see the skunk piece!
vdaffron at gmail dot com
I would love these.
angelamcbrien at comcast dot net.
Thanks
Hi Ann,
I'd love the skunk piece. What fun!
Cathi
Thanks Ann,
Would you please consider me for the mink piece? lcurrie505 at gmail dot com
furrtastic!!!
pascale.nary at yahoo.com
I would love to have my name added to the drawing. How kind of you to pass these on. Mkyred at aol dot com.
Wendy in North East Texas
Interesting assortment! Love the blog...and gorgeous things fabrics!
~sewing spots~
thesewingspot at gmail dot com
Perhaps now my dreams of a handmuff can come true!
evildaemonlady at gmail dot com
Oh I would love that bag-o-fur!
sealinam "at" aol "dot" com
Oh, I would love these! Thanks for doing this giveaway.
patterromany at gmail.com
It would be lovely to play with them.
ge.it at hotmail dot
Thanks Claire
What great pieces. I can see them as doll coats.
Also, just want to say, love your fighter attitude. That is the true way to win.
tntpleiss at futuretk dot com
Lovely bits of fur. I don't really want to be in the giveaway, as I already have a fur situation/question. How do you tell if a fur is still OK to use? I was given my grandmother's full length mink coat (1950's?) and am thinking about making hats out of it for my Mom and myself. I haven't looked under the lining, but it is not dropping hair, and it's still soft.
I would love to have them.
Thanks for the chance.
conkwright at hotmail dot com
I have a dear (and very gifted) friend who makes Teddies out of old furs and trims. I'd love to have them for her!
Gail, if the skins are dry you can always underline them with muslin or any firm cotton fabric to add strength.
I don't want to be in the giveaway. I just wanted to say that the skunk piece made me giggle out loud!
Love your blog and your life attitude. You go girl!!!
This is a wonderful give-away! Thanks so much.
sewpersistent at yahoo dot com
Why are you giving away poodle fur again?
Well Darling, if you want to get technical about it, Poodles have hair, not fur.
;)
I love working with fur, would love to have these!!
fiveguineas at hotmail dot com
Oh Ann, please add me to the "I crave the stuff" list?! I say any pigskin that I don't have to tan on my own is a piece worth having, and the best skunk is a dead skunk! (haha)
If anyone gives you a hassle- let me at them!
xo
Connie dot bontje at gmail anotherdot come
Interesting assortment!
canty.brown "at" verizon "dot" net
I would love these! chin up girl, your spirit is admirable!
Katielarch31 at hotmail dot com
Love it! It might be taboo, but I do love fur.
sbanks "at" metrocast "dot" net
Fur? Did someone say FUR??? Oh darling, it's been absolutely forever since I last saw my favorite fur shop in NYC, so please do add my name to the giveaway, won't you? (evil grin...)
kbdesigns74 at gmail dot com
I would love this! I use vintage furs to make dog beds and blankets, etc. The dogs love the fur, lol..Keeps them warm, I suppose :)
Kara
loveforearth at me dot com
I have been so interested in the idea of using fur. I love the pieces you have. They would look great as collars, etc.
P.S. I love your blog. You have such a great personality and perseverant attitude. Much love.
Brad
chadly0408 at aol dot com
These are awesome!! Thank you so much for the wonderful opportunity. You are really an inspiration!
Please consider me for the fur trims. thebluepeony at gmail dot com.
Thank you Ann. I would be ever so grateful to be in on the drawing? I scour Ebay for fur remnants..they have many uses, one of which will be to trim DGD coat and muff for next Winter...and for her grandmother too?
Reading here almost every day.;-) Always want to know you are doing well!
You had me at skunk.
mrsmclennan"at"hotmail"dot"com
Not sure what I'll do with it if I win - but why not try!
cnaser at segalco dot com
Okay, I'm in too. The skunk is kind of irresistible.
bbgrilla at gmail dot com
Okay, I'm in too. The skunk is kind of irresistible.
jwroten at bu dot edu
Ooh! I'm in! Imagine all the things you could do with those goodies!
Clio
tricia dot coyle at gmail dot com
Add me to the draw please
Michelle H
Great giveaway! Thank you for your generosity :)
My email address is craftysarita "at" yahoo "dot" com
Greetings from Mexico~
The fur fabric is fabulous!!. I could make so many things out of them. I have a great pattern for a stuffed animal, or maybe a hat. You are to kind to offer a free give away. i hope who ever wins lets us see what they are going to make.
Post a Comment