Saturday, April 17, 2010

I love Saturday Mornings

Saturday mornings are my time. I usually wake up around 6 or 6:30. DH and the boys like to sleep in, so I come downstairs, make a pot of coffee, feed the dog (or this week, dogs - we're babysitting our friends' rottweilers, Tessie and Lexie). This is my time to catch up on reading blogs and facebook with no interruptions.

How about you? What's your favorite time?

Happy sewing!

22 comments:

Vicki said...

I like Sat and Sun mornings. But not at 6.00! This morning I woke at 7.00 and that was too early, but I made coffee and went back to bed with my laptop.

Anonymous said...

Saturday mornings are my favorite too. When my daughter was younger, she's 17 now. She used to climb into bed with us early Saturday morning. I kept 3 kazoos in my night stand and we played name that tune. We used to laugh so hard it hurt. Oddly enough just last Saturday my daughter got up early. I yelled to her to get into bed with us. She immediately go the kazoos. Laughing until your sides ache is a great way to start the day.
Kathi G

julia said...

I hope you are feeling lots better now. I normally love Sat. mornings, but I got a call from the nursing home this morning about 6:45 that my mom was really upset and they needed me to come calm her down. ZZZZZzzzz....

Mardel said...

The same, although now that DH has retired sometimes it is not a Saturday morning anymore. I love it when I am the first one up and I can read blogs and email and catch up with a pot of coffee, and in my case, a cat on my lap.

Julie said...

Saturday mornings are also my favorite. DH sleeps in pretty late too. I spend the morning reading blogs and emails, doing homework (yuck!), and shopping (fabric, of course). Somewhere in the middle, I have a nice, leisurely breakfast and watch some Style network TV. When DH finally gets up, he always comments "You've been up for hours and done nothing." Oh, but I've accomplished so much!

Summerset said...

Monday mornings. Really. The weekend is over - Sundays are really busy around here, the husband is back to work, the kids are back in school and it is just me, the cats, the sewing machines and *quiet*.

Linda T said...

I love Saturday and Sunday mornings. DH and I are such geeks that we are hardly awake before hitting our computers which are on separate levels in the house. On Saturday, that is my time to catch up on emails and Blogs and look for things online I can't get locally.

Sunday morning, I first get my paperwork printed and organized for my work the next week. Then I fix a nice breakfast. If there is a F1 race, DH and I will watch that then carry on with our day.

Anonymous said...

I love every earling morning! Hubby leaves for work at 6:30 a.m. so I am by myself until I leave for work at 8:15 or so. I used to be a late-riser but the older I get, the more I appreciate having those extra hours in the morning. Well, that or it just takes me longer to un-creak and caffeinate...ha. I'm up with the rooster at the crack of dawn and love seeing the sun come up.

~Barb

Bunny said...

I wake up at 5:30 every morning, no matter what. If anyone is sleeping I hike down to the studio and get some stitches in. That happens after my uninterrupted quiet cup of green tea. Its a ritual and I think I would be bonkers if I didn't have that little bit of me time every morning.

kiltsnquilts said...

Saturday afternoons in the winter and Sunday mornings are my 'me' time. I work on a Saturday morning and in the winter DH plays football (soccer), so I have the place to myself until about 6pm. I make a nice lunch, catch up with my blogs, maybe do some sewing/knitting/reading.....whatever I feel like really. Dinner is usually simple, or sometimes a take away/dinner with friends.

Sunday mornings I love to sit in bed with my cup of tea and just let my mind wander wherever it wants to. DH is always an early riser (6am most days) and I love mornings too, but Sundays I love to have an hour to myself to 'muse'!

Unknown said...

I have young children and a couple of dogs in an open floor plan home. If you wake up early - it's all over. Everyone is up, and your "it". It is a dream of mine to steal those extra hours in the morning. To catch up on all things internet and track down new supplies. I get this done in the evenings, which can sometimes make me cranky in the mornings and is just not ideal for the balance of my house! My favorite times are when I can steal away for 5 interrupted hours in my studio to sew away! 10:00 pm, Sat night...see I have to get to bed!

Kathi said...

I would like to find some happy time!! My kids have had the stomach flu and my husband hasn't been doing well this week. I am ready for a little time to sew and have some time for ME!! We shall see. . .

Linda L said...

Like you Saturday AM and actually Sunday AM around 7 is my time. Fix coffee, eat a pastry and read emails, blogs and yes got to Facebook.

Tany said...

Saturday/Sunday mornings are my favorites, because I wake up early and have time for myself alone...

ClaireOKC said...

Having my own business (and with my studio at home exacerbates this), Saturdays are not always peaceful and my own. But the morning(s) after I finish a big job are my "Saturday mornings" where I rest on my laurels before I start my next contract. And they are wonderful. I'm usually creating something completely different...after my last contract finishing - a couple of days ago - I sat down and did some sea glass jewelry - something completely not sewing or anything having to do with it. It was a blast - it is a blast. But to be honest, the biggest thrill I get in my life is to sit back and look at a job well done - nothing beats that high!

AuntieAllyn said...

I love early Saturday and Sunday mornings best, too . . . especially getting up before sunrise and watching the day begin. It's so quiet and lovely, sitting around with a nice cup of coffee, thinking that I have a whole new day in front of me and wondering what I will do with it.

Stash said...

Sunday mornings are my favorite. Saturday has always been a work day for me...generally you can find me cleaning the toilet or scrubbing the kitchen floor etc on Sat. Sunday is my day to catch up on my New Yorker, the Sunday paper and any other reading material that has been neglected during the week. I also like going through old Burda Style mags to find a previously overlooked pattern. Love those Sundays...

deb said...

Any time during springtime weekends. I'm outside all the time gardening, as I was this whole weekend. In fact, no vacation this summer so instead I'm taking Fridays off to have three-day weekends through June. Longer springtime weekends. Hooray.

Phyllis said...

Friday mornings after the girls go to school and John heads into work. Working four days a week is not bad!

Peggy in Ontario said...

Friday nights through Saturday morning is my favourite! Friday night - the luxury of the weekend ahead, even if I have to work, totally a state of mind! We ALWAYS order pizza Friday night, so that it's relaxed, I try to be in my sewing room, even if I don't do any actual sewing, just puttering around. Then to wake up early Saturday morning, ESPECIALLY in the spring and early summer when the early mornings are bright, just a delicious, energizing time!! Our three Golden Retrievers love Saturday morning too, it means an extra long walk, and Sunday morning too if they're lucky!

Kat said...

That's what I love to do too! Except now that it's sports season, my leisurely mornings are cut short for now.

What is also really special is being home alone during the day when it is totally quiet. It's just me and Jake (my kitten). He's as soft as Minky and LOVES when I work with fabric. A real charmer. You can't imagine how thrilled I was when DH gave DD#2 and I the go ahead to get another cat last year. It has been 3 long years without a friendly feline around, and I'm thankful every day to have him. He's such a soft cuddler and absolutely adores me.

Women fragrances said...

I love Saturdays too. It's my time to relax from the strenuous days at work. Have a wonderful Saturday!