Back to the story at hand. Last week, my darlings, Tom and Lorenzo called me and asked if I could make it to a Project Runway finale party at the fabulous Laura Bennett's house? I could have been still tethered to the IV and I would have found a way to get my sorry carcass down there. The good news is that I felt pretty good after the last round, so I was able to go. I'll make just a couple of comments and then get to the good stuff. First - Seth Anthony is an absolute sweetie. He is genuinely nice. Last night, he was a little antsy. In 20/20 hindsight, of course, it's because he knew he had won (yay!!!) but couldn't say anything. He also had his entire family with him. There were about 60 or 70 people at the party, and Laura was an incredibly gracious host. There were a ton of Project Runway alumni/ae there. Emmett was my date, since DH wasn't able to make it. It was a great time, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate the one-week anniversary of the end of my chemotherapy!
Enough yammering - here are pictures:
Our gracious hostess and one of her boys
Tom and Lorenzo with Seth Aaron
Emmett and Laura
Tom and Dave (one of my fellow Bitter Kittens)
Althea and Emmett - aka "Muir Woods"
Althea, Emmett and the fabulous Malan
Kevin Christiana
Emmett and Laura
Tom and Dave (one of my fellow Bitter Kittens)
Althea and Emmett - aka "Muir Woods"
Althea, Emmett and the fabulous Malan
Kevin Christiana
Althea and Anthony (he is so funny!)
Laura introducing the show
SA with his family as they announce his win
Talking with TLo after the win.
Me and Kevin
Laura introducing the show
SA with his family as they announce his win
Talking with TLo after the win.
Me and Kevin
The last time I saw Kevin was at a fundraiser for the Faulkner Hospital Breast Care Center - shortly before my own diagnosis. How ironic, eh? Kevin is such a sweetheart. Next time he comes to Boston we're going to get together. Or next time I get to New York. Love that man.
A great time was had by all. You can read the complete story over at Tom and Lorenzo's Blog
Back to the sewing room this weekend. Have a great one!












18 comments:
WOW! What a blast!! So many great people! oh my, you must have had a great time and very well deserved too!! {{hugs}}
Looked like a great time - I just finished Laura's book - what a riot! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy yourself after your ordeal!
History being made! Now that was a Par-tay.
soooooooo jealous! That looks like it was such fun. And you look fabulous.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I didn't know Seth Aaron won until I read your blog just now, I fell asleep! Ack - Oh well, I'll watch the re-run tonight.
I feel asleep too. You look so cute in the pink wig! What a lucky girl you are. I just would have died to meet Anthony!
First, you look fab! Wow, what a rockin' good time!
What a fabulous evening . . . thanks for the pictures and the commentary!
I am a TLo lurker who slunk on over to your blog after learning you were having chemo. I recently finished radiation, post lumpectomy and chemo, so I think of you a lot and am always hoping you are doing well. I'm so impressed at how you have kept on sewing and blogging even right after chemo - my treatments laid me low for several days each time. Last night I was reading all the posts in TLounge, and noticed your absence. I was SO happy to learn today that you were at Laura's party, because I had been a tad bit worried at your absence from the Lounge. Glad to know you are doing so well, and you look TERRIFIC in that wig!!! All the best to you, Ann! Cheryl Merrill
Oh, what a fabulous evening! You are the only woman I've seen who has become even more gorgeous after a round of chemo. :-)
You look great, Ann. It looks like you and Squirrelypo have the same taste in pink bobs! Congratulations on finishing a round of chemo, and even more, on enjoying the gift of life.
What a fabulous party! You looked great!
Nobody deserved a night like that more than you. You look wonderful!
What a party! Thanks for sharing it with us. BTW, you look awesome!
Cissie
Lucky, Lucky you! Green with envy me! Glad you had a blast!
It's all good karma, baby! Completely awesome, and of coure I'm envious, but also thrilled for you. I know you know a lot of these folks, but so many in one place!
Dear - a friend from the Midwest told me about your blog and this post - I just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet you at the Party! Next time you're in the city, love to catch up...
Your Fellow Bitter Kitten! -- Dave
Eeeeee! So jealous!! Sounds like an incredibly fun night. Love that you rocked your pink wig. <3
Post a Comment