Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Fabric Giveaway, Kittens!


It's another giveaway kids! This time, three lucky folks will get a grab-box full of fabrics. Most of these cuts are around a yard. Some are more, some are less. These are headers and samples of fabrics that have sold out at Gorgeous Fabrics. Rather than having them go to a landfill, let's put them to good use by people who love fabrics! All of them are usable for things like tops, skirts (okay, in some cases, mini-skirts maybe), handbag linings... use your skills and imagination! There are silks, knits, wools, cottons and other things. All I ask is that you pay for shipping, which will be by USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box. Postage is $14.50 within the US. For international postage rates, check out This Page at the USPS site.

So the big question, of course is, how do you enter to win? Two things. First - stroke my ego and tell me what your favorite post is on my blog. Second (and most important) - put your email in the comments section. Do yourself a favor and enter your email address in the format yourname "at" xyz "dot" com. That way any bots that search the net for email addresses can't pick you up easily. On Friday afternoon, May 7, I'll have my kids draw three winners from a hat. These are nice fabrics, so have fun with it.

Good luck and happy sewing!

125 comments:

Rachel said...

Enter me in the contest. I am a fabric junkie. My favorite post of yours is when you show off your colored wigs. I really like the pink one!! My email is oct02@oppcatv.com

Myra said...

Ann, you are asking us to pick a favorite ?!? Actually, I loved your formal ensemble for singing, the bustier and skirt, how you described the process. I would love a chance at some pieces, email is myrayeretsky at sbcglobal dot net.

Sangeetha said...

I like your posts on fabrics in general - not being anywhere close to NYC, garment district, I love it when you talk about that.

Oh BTW, love your store too.

sangee1234 at gmail dot com

Lisa S said...

My favorite posts of yours are the ones showing off your wigs. They're so fun and upbeat! My little sister has alopecia, so she's got a few wigs too, but nothing hot pink! I might have to try to talk her into it...

Lisa
lleung at cox dot net

Elaray said...

I have two favorite posts. I loved the post when you were shopping for wigs. I still laugh at the comment your friend made about being f^$@ in the hayloft!!! I also like your last chemotherapy post. Your positive attitude is inspiring.

Elaray2003 at gmail dot com

B @ Sweet Limes said...

I can't say I have a favorite post, I just like your enthusiasm in general. I love that you've felt secure enough to share your hardships with us and do it with grace and positiveness. I also just like seeing what you're sewing.

limes.sweet(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love it when you do your pattern reviews. You are such a wealth of knowledge when it comes to practical sewing. And the pics are always good (even better when you are modeling).

Thanks! lsaunders66 at hotmail.com

Carol said...

I love any of the post when you mention Emmett! I'm living vicariously through you and the fashion district! I haven't made it up to any fabric stores in NY and I have family right across the Hudson in Jersey! My e-mail is Carol.Mendoza1976 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!

Karyn said...

Well, since this is the first blog of yours that I've seen (yep, I just signed up!), I'm going to have to go with this one. Free fabric...it's off to a pretty good start! Email is kckatyana at yahoo dot com.

Lisa said...

Hello Ann,
My fav posts are your photos of You wearing your creations! I also really liked the series on your bustier.

lcurrie505 at gmail dot com

Thanks for the give away.

Anonymous said...

I love your posts about the session with Kenneth King and Susan K. It makes me jealous in a good way! I'd love to have a chance to win some fabric. kmulkey at bellgeo dot com.

Robin Gallowglas said...

my favorite post so far along with all of the amazing outfits that you have created was the one where you talked about dressing up for your treatments and not allowing cancer to defeat you. I found it inspirational to say the least. my email is rgallowglas at gmail dot com

okie2thfairy said...

My favorite was your tutorial on the bustier- http://gorgeousthings.blogspot.com/2009/09/pattern-review-self-drafted-lace.html

I don't have enough guts to make one but I love yours.

Please enter me in the contest for your beautiful fabrics- a2thstudent"at" hotmail"dot"com

Jennifer

NancyDaQ said...

I love any posts on Emmett and Laura and TLo! feralito at msn dot com.

Connie b said...

Nice Annie, Nice Annie..Ohhh stroke you ego! I was thinking you were a cat -not! As I am contemplating destashing, here I go entering a contest to add to it instead!
My favourite post? Not to go back too far, but likely the "I was there" post. If someone other than me got to go to that fabulous party, I'm glad it was you. Either that, or your last Chemo post.
My email is connie dot bontje and it is at gmail dot com
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I loved your posts about your classes with Kenneth King and the progress on your bustier. Kenneth is a genius and I was so jealous of your class with him that I loved living vicariously though you.

Of course I can put your "fabric scraps" to good use smp_couture at hotmail dot com :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the pattern reviews best. It's also fun when you talk about new fabric (like the bouclé from Paris). :-) realbeal at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your pattern reviews - very informative and helpful. Thank you!
helen at helenmade dot com

Anonymous said...

Your pattern reviews are the best because your describe your sewing process and your modifications so well. I have learned much from the different methods you have employed in making up your garments - and, too, you pick the best fabric suitbale for the garment. A perfect marriage of fabric and pattern -love that!

Okay, here is my email address: jkroznos@verizon.net and my blog address is http:sewforward.wordpress.com.

Thanks Ann for a great bog - I look at it every morning with my coffee!

GirlSpazDog said...

I haven't been following long, but I love the post where you are in the chemo room with your mac smiling. I know so many people fear chemo. Your bravery and picture may help someone take that fear away and allow them to take the necessary step to their well being.
monicaquijada11 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Pick a fave? That's tough! How about your very, very informative "how to work with leather post", I refered to that quite a bit!

kbdesigns74 at gmail dot com

Rebecca said...

I love your tutorials. I have used them before. Thanks!

"rofishman "at" "gmail" [dot] com"

Andrea said...

My favorite post was when you politely yet firmly asserted your right to privacy in regards to your voting preferences (hey, I'm a Political Science nerd, what can I say.) But all of your posts about your treatments have been so positive and still very real. thanks for your blog! Andrea alahodny at g mail dot com.

BarbaraS said...

My favorite of your posts? Definitely the post that shows the first picture of you in all your pink haired wiggy glory! That one made me all teary-eyed.
My email address is barbara.snyderatgmaildotcom.

Zegi said...

I would love to win! I haven't been reading your blog for very long so I don't know of any super-stellar stuff you said before February. But I was really inspired by your posts about chemo and how you worked up courage through fashion. Oh and I also liked the post about the party where you saw Seth-Arron (sp?) from PR. Though that spoiled the ending for me-I still haven't finished watching the final episodes!! :) kkoszegi at neo dot rr dot com. Thank you for the contest!!

Margi said...

Thanks for the email suggestion and also the chance to win.

Favorite blog entry - your having milkshakes with Emmett Mc. Sounded like a fun day.

Best-

fabmargi at rocketmail.com

Kelly said...

Hello,
I really had a hard time deciding, but I really enjoyed seeing your treatment outfits. You looked beautiful and your positive attitude is inspiring. My email is: thatkellygirl at yahoo dot com
Thanks for the chance to win!

Esther said...

I enjoy seeing your posts on designing and sewing dance costumes. :)

Would love to enter the contest. In need of some fun scraps. Email is 'not an ester at geemail dot com' (remove spaces, and double 'ee' of course)

BeckyMc said...

I will stroke your ego honestly by telling you that your "what I wore to chemo" posts made me laugh, cry and be proud to be a woman. You are my hero! I also really enjoyed the posts about creating a latin ballroom dress for your son's dance teacher. I saw that even the experts like you sometimes have to drop back and punt, but that persevering brings a fabulous result.
becky at mckeent dot com

Johanna said...

I love to hear about your singing, so I'm thrilled with your recent posts that you're returning to the stage! Love your fabrics too, of course, and seeing them made up is always a treat. jbranley at comcast dot net.

Marie said...

Sat April 3 was and is my favorite post. It shows a kick ass spirit that a lot of people need. Your honesty and resilience are a inspiration to many people. Thanks.

Rachel said...

oooh - i hope i'm lucky! my favorite post was the one you did way-back-when about meeting laura bennett! (and then of course your followup post the other week about the party at her house!)

rcregier at gmail dot com

Dinah said...

I love your tutorial posts, too. You have a great way of explaining things in just the right amount of detail. dinah.miller@gmail.com

Suzy said...

Gee, favorite posts. It's hard to nail it down to just one. I have two: when you post about pattern changes and alterations to get them to fit, and and your cancer posts. Those in particular are incredibly inspirational. You can fine me at szmusil at yahoo dot com.

Sewlovely said...

War Paint and Body armour posts! Especially the wigs.
sewlovely at hotmail dot com

Jean S said...

holy crap, one post....well, add me to those who loved the "last chemo" post with That Pink Wig. Also (because I can't choose just one), I loved seeing the development of the dance costumes.

jeanshawpdx at comcast dot net

Anne L said...

I don't have a favorite - but I love the ones where you ramble about sewing or your reviews with chit-chat in them.

anne atatatat lindholt.....dk

Sandra said...

Of course I loved "What I wore to Chemo, Part 4", with you looking awesome in your pink wig and beautiful dress.

But I was also intrigued by the email you received from a customer who decided to boycott non-Republican voters and wanted to know your position. HUH?!

Your response was spot-on!!!

As Jon Stewart said to Tim Gunn, "Why isn't everyone as reasonable as you as a human being?"

sbmunro at ureach dot com

Katie said...

I know that I originally turned up here after following a link to a tutorial, so I have to say that those, plus your pattern reviews, are my favorite. katie at jejune dot net.

Deborah said...

Pick a favorite? Yeah, right! I love all your posts. I love to see what you're wearing, which shoes and I love the pink wig. But, mostly I love your spirit that shines through in your blog. I would like to help save these gorgeous fabrics from a landfill so please enter me into your giveaway contest. debutaunt79 at yahoo dot com.

Anonymous said...

I love you blog in general, but your what I wore to chemo part 4 stands out, as you have faced this with such a positive attitude, and grace. janie.croft(at)googlemail(dot)com

Sewing Geek said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe you want us to pick one! But I am with a lot of others ... I have to pick the last chemo post. Your attitude and courage are amazing.

pathamel at xmission dot com

Lauren said...

Until a couple of months ago, I would have to say your pattern reviews; they're always very thoughtful, complete and with great fabrics. ;) Now, however, I'd say it was your treatment posts; my mother was recently diagnosed with lymphoma and it's been. Difficult, especially because we live so far away, to know how to react, how to be there for her, even how to feel. Reading your posts, and then recommending them to her, your strength and the strength she in turn has found in them, has been so much to the both of us.

I explained who you were as "the lady you bought me all that fabric from for Christmas". She remembered you right away; how kind you were and how you tried to shove the fluffy wool into as small of a box as you could!

overcentrifuges at gmail dot com

Joyce in NC said...

My favorite posts are the tutorials. I would say that my favorite is the Coda to the Collar Band Tutorial. I enjoy them and refer back to them as needed.

jpscreations "at" gmail "dot" com

Kathi G said...

I am going with the "nut up or shut up" post. Yes I know it has nothing to do with sewing. My favorite thing to do on this earth. You just can't go wrong with "nut up or shut up".
buttonhole at charter dot net

Barb said...

I can't pick a favorite post. I enjoy the posts dealing with sewing a pattern and the modifications and how you do them.
My email addy:

rhodes_d at att dot net

Barb

Maryissewfast said...

My fav post is when you completed your Chemo!!! Yay!!! mdeeter at hotmail dot com

centrallyisolated said...

I vote for any post involving the phrase "Becky Home-ecky"! Never heard it before your blog, and it's so right. It's now entered my daily vocabulary. Your tips on how to make home sewn clothes look more like RTW are great. Sign me up for the fabric draw, too!

nicole.nelson at gmail dot com

MushyWear said...

Oh, I'd love the opportunity to win some of your gorgeous fabric! Your April 15th post will stick with me for while. But I really appreciate all the great tutorials and sewing advice you give. It has helped my sewing in many ways. If I am a lucky winner upcountrymomatyahoodotcom.

Kathy said...

I'm pretty new to following your blog, so it's easy for me to pick a favorite. Oh Yes, I Was There... I'm so jealous you were there!

My email mommiemarzie "at" gmail "dot" com

:)

NES said...

My favourite post on your blog - that should be "posts", plural! - all of your pink wig posts - I admire your courage in dealing with your recent health challenge. But of course, I love most of your sewing posts too, because you really inspire me, (and all of your readers, I am sure) to reach out and stretch for new styles and techniques.

If I am a lucky winner - carrotsandsmarties at yahoo dot com

Thanks for caring about your readers. I can assure you we care about you!

I'd love

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ann. I'll join the crowd and be thrilled to be entered into this contest. Aaah, for love of fabric. :)

My favorite post of yours was "Cancer, Chemo and What I Wore Part 4". It really touched me -- just the spirit with which you battled the cancer, chemo, all of it. And I'm glad that you spoke out about it. Maybe it will make it a little easier for someone else to handle it or to support someone else facing it. I think we need to talk about the scary things in life.

My email's jodi_barrington at hotmail dot com.

Jodi

mslouise said...

Great giveaway!

My favorite posts on your blog are the chemo posts. It's so inspiring to see how you've handled it. I also really enjoy the singing outfits you've posted.

My email is melissa "at" dreamgarden "dot" com

LizF said...

I love all your entries, your blog is on my daily list to visit, but I find your sewing tutorials particularly valuable. Thank you for being such a dedicated blogger. I wish I had your energy!

my email is lizfosterfl(at)yahoo(dot)com
xxx

Lisa in Mount Vernon, WA said...

I like your posts about the Project Runway gang - we watch show, but hob nobbling with the stars is so far out of my realm... Thanks for writing about it. My email address is ljtempleton at comcast dot net.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, and I enjoy seeing what you create (along with all your tips)- but my favorite was about your last chemo treatment. You have an amazing attitude and I loved seeing your outfits. And a fabric giveaway??? Whoo-hoo!
El

elley "at" zakula "dot" com

Vineta said...

I love any post where you talk about fabrics! I'm a hopeless addict! Hence, my entry here. :)

vineta77 at gmail dot com

Eithne said...

My Fave are your pattern reviews!eithneruane at gmail dot com

Eithne said...

My Fave are your pattern reviews!eithneruane at gmail dot com

gidgetsews said...

Ann, please delete my previous where I gave my address
I love the posts about your son's dancing,
gidgetsews*at*gmail*dot*com
Thanks

Corinnea said...

I was caught first by your store and then by your post on your last chemo. Hooked after your project runway post... corinnea_m at hotmail dot com

Damia said...

Lovely give-away! My fav posts are about Emmett / Project Runway :)

damiarain at yahoo dot com

AmeliaSews said...

I loved the posts about your outfits to the hospital. You showed everyone here how to handle a terrible situation with grace and verve.

wigray06 "at" yahoo "dot" com

Heidi said...

Honestly? My favorite post so far was your final chemo post. :) You had such a positive attitude in the face of wild uncertainty--it inspired me so much. Here's to your continued recovery, CANCER FREE.

heidiaphrodite at gmail dot com.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to pick, but I really like the "don't ask, don't tell" post and "cancer, chemo, and what I wore pt 3" because that's my favorite wig and I was so inspired by your fab outfit and attitude that I had to tell my coworkers about it! :)
iamthespark at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the bustier come to life - amazing detail! Thanks!
samkirch at gmail dot com!

Michele said...

Cancer, Chemo and What I Wore #1. You went into it surrounded by an aura of positivity and a determination to do it all in style. You rock! My bot-stopping email is shipwin "at" columbus "dot" rr "dot" com. :-)

Sunny Optimist said...

Well, your sewing tip on "make the lining first" from 2008 is the one i have bookmarked, so maybe it should count as my favorite, but my favorite is more recent, it's the one with your party pics from the project runway party. you posted pics of everyone else and then just one of you at the end, but you looked as radiant as anyone there and really...victorious! Love the pink wig.
jmcrequeatyahoodotcom

Nancy said...

I enjoy all your posts, especially the pattern reviews you make with such lovely fabrics.

cyclone76133 at yahoo dot com

Nancy

sewsy myswatchbook@yahoo.com said...

I love a beautifully set-in sleeve. My fav post is your tutorial on using lots of pins to successfully set in sleeves. Thanks.

Ellen said...

My favorite post was your one from April 3... Not Like I have a Choice. Second favorites... any one where you wear the fab pink wig. I love your attitude!

ellenbehm at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

O so very many posts to choose from. I love the first post with the pink wig, but the one that i really find inspiring is the post on how to use bold patterns and panels in sewing projects. love your blog, your positive attitude always seems to lift me up!

vampiressrevenge at gmail dot com

Claire S. said...

March 4 - Cancer, chemo & what I wore, part 2
March 5 - Pink !

The unveiling of the Pink wig was the first thing I thought of when you asked us to pick a fav post.

The previous days post about the wig shopping struck a nerve though, because a friend also went through this recently and shopping for her wigs was pretty stressful. Another friend was with her every step of way and it made it easier for her.

Wow ! Would love the fabric...
lonelysecretary1 at hotmail dot com

Kathi said...

I can't say I have one favorite post. What I like most is your tenacious attitude toward cancer and how you have fought it with attitude. You have looked cancer in the eye and essentially said, "Bring it on". (In a very sassy voice I might add!)
kathigarn at verizon dot net

KatieB said...

It's difficult to pick a favorite. I am learning a lot from reading your reviews and tutorials. But what I most admire are the pictures of your outfits on your chemo days. Your spirit is admirable. And, although I sure enjoyed seeing those outfits, I hope to see no more!
knitsalot at comcast dot net.

Bluestripe55 said...

I don't have one favorite but i do like your pattern reviews. I am a beginning sewer and i like to see what you have to say about the patters. I like the wigs too!
amyross06 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,
One of my favorites (although there are many) is the one you posted after receiving the e-mail asking about your party affiliation. I agree that voting is a private matter. ~ Diana
dcrenken at charter dot net

Nichole McCormick said...

Hi Ann, Love the post where you went to the PR Finale Party! How awesome to meet all those people. *jealous* Thanks for the blog, keep up the great work!

Nichole
nichole dot mcccormick at gmail dot com

Tami said...

Hello, I have to say my favorite posts are the ones that you show what you wore during cemo. We all need images of strong, confident and well dressed women in times that are not ideal.

Tami
tntpleiss at futuretk dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi, there, I really enjoy reading your blog and think you're an excellent writer! I was awfully impressed with what you wrote regarding that person recently who wanted to know how you voted. I thought you were strong and succinct without stirring up extra drama.

I'm a recent beginner and am still very intimidated and afraid to waste fabric. I have no "stash" to speak of. I would love to win the giveaway since it would be so fantastic to have all those different kinds of fabrics to work on and learn on!!

argarg27 "at" hotmail "dot" com

Anonymous said...

My favorite post is one of your older ones. July 21st, 2008. Why? because that is when (1) I discovered this whole other world of people that sew and blog! and (2) I got to see one of my favorite bags made up. It was the Hotpatterns Homage Tote post. So thank you for opening up this whole new world for me. I have enjoyed learning from you. Please enter me in your drawing singer5150 "at" msn "dot" com and thanks again. J.

melissa said...

Agh, how do I pick just one favourite post? I always enjoyed your fancy dancing outfits for your son's dance instructor. I think I'm living vicariously through her because I'd never, ever pull off the skimpiness NOR the sequin count in my own life!

Fingers crossed - enquiries AT fehrtrade DOT com

(also, fyi - your international shipping link just shows your fabric image, but bigger...)

Amy said...

I was touched and moved by your post "Not Like I Have A Choice" from April 3. Thank you.

you can find me at: luckeyone at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the chance to win!

Susan said...

My favorite post was one where you rocked an animal print piece with a fabulous wig for your doctor's appointment. It was very inspiring to me.

sdavis05401 "at" yahoo "dot" com

Carol Mami! said...

My most recent favorite is your chemo and what I wore post. Love the wig, make-up, shoes and attitude. Loved it all. Best wishes!

cmontes213 at gmail dot com.

hankela said...

I your pattern reviews - very informative and helpful. Thank you!
keatingsara at gmail dot com

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I enjoyed your pattern review of the Simplicity twist top. I really like it with the Burda skirt!

crystalfulcher(at)ec.rr.com

Marlublu said...

I really enjoy your Tutorial section I love learning new tricks from other sewers.
esteemarlu at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I enjoy any of your posts about the Patriots. My daughter and you are the only females I know who follow the team avidly. I almost cried when I read your post when they were losing the Super Bowl after winning every game that year. Please enter me at: jimtolpa at yahoo dot com.

Carol

Angelika Traylor said...

Love all the info you share and of course the fabric I order! Have learned a ton from you, thanks. Please enter me in the drawing
angtraylor at earthlink dot net

Sondra said...

Count me in. My favorite post was the Thursday, April 15 post entitled "Cancer, Chemo and What I Wore Part 4." I really learned from your comments something about how to handle cancer and the accompanying chemo that I would be able to use if it would ever be necessary. meridian at kc dot rr dot com.

Susan said...

Please enter me in the drawing. My favorite post is a series of posts. I so enjoyed reading about your outfits for your chemo treatments. You are one outrageous lady. I love you attitude and I'm sure you brought laughter, joy and entertainment to a place which is normally very solemn.

Lkn4kin "at" comcast "dot" net

Unknown said...

wow, my favorite post? too many to even choose. I do think I like your pattern reviews with photos best. but then, maybe I like your book reviews best. hmmmm, can't choose! Thanks for all your posts! glad you are feeling so much better.
Julie FJroegge@msn.com

Jenny said...

My favorite posts are the ones you wrote about what you wore for chemo, and your fabulous wigs. I love that you find real strength in dressing spectacularly, which is often dismissed as pointless frivolity.

chronicallyuncool "at" gmail "dot"com

P.S. I have overcome the sewing disaster with the basketweave silk and will be hemming the dress tonight! Thanks again for the rush shipping!

Chantelle said...

Please enter me in the contest as well :)

My favourite posts are your chemo tales - especially when you describe what you wore - and your pattern reviews. And your new fabric posts, of course!

My email address is cjames at alumni dot uwaterloo dot ca

leeN said...

I loved your blog on Nov 30 2008 about using mesh. I liked your interpretation and the pattern used. Generally, you sound like the kind of sewer I would like to be, and of course, have the access to fabric i can only dream of.

lnyberg"at"neb.rrdotcom

bpatricia74 said...

My favorite blog, is the pets and Christmas trees. I had an uneventful Thanksgiving holiday with the in-laws, and was looking forward to a peaceful Christmas holiday with my hubby. That particular blog had me laughing so hard, that I was able to forget the stress of the holiday season! patriciabrown"at"xyz"dot"com

Mickey said...

I love the PR post. I can't believe you got to meet contestants from PR. I am sooooo jealous.

Ann said...

I really loved your post about the lace bustier form last year! I thought it was the coolest project.
doarkface"at"gmail"dot"com

Anonymous said...

Your February 12, 2010 "Cancer, Chemo, and What I Wore" post has been my favorite in the last few months. I love zombie movies and that t-shirt you picked somehow was totally fierce and chic! And, I love your blog - you don't pull your punches. Its inspiring.

sarahAT101010DOTorg

Hope Vestergaard said...

Hi -- I like all your posts! You have a lovely, friendly voice and I like the mix of life and work. I find the tutorials and techniques posts really useful, especially for tricky fabrics since I'm self taught. I'm also a fabric hound!You can reach me at hvestergaard (at) sbcglobal.net

Jules said...

I'd love to see what's in the box! Sign me up!
jules

Sara said...

Enter me in your contest. My favorite post is your November 29, 2008 post "meshin around"
saramayo at shaw dot ca

Martha said...

I am really impressed by your attitude in your posts about your wrestle with cancer and chemo. I like how you use the treatments as an opportunity to show your style. I'm sure it isn't easy though. Of course, I also enjoy your pattern reviews.
Martha

Peace Thyme said...

Oh, please, Ann. I need the fabric. I can actually see part of the wall in my fabric closet because my stash has dwindled so much.

Hope you are feeling better.

meli88a said...

Ann, there are so many things I could say. You've shown so many sides of yourself on your blog -- courage, beauty, talent -- but the one thing I admire most about you is your amazing self control to not keep all your beautiful fabric for yourself!

Please count me in.

m3li88a(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

It's extremely difficult to choose one post because I so enjoy your blog in general. But I'd have to say the one at the end of your chemo. Such joy is seldom seen. Your attitude throughout your treatment was exemplary, and I greatly admire you.

Gail D.

Hanande sazende said...

I do not know English, but the color of the fabric of the language does not love you dikisdersi@gmail.com

Emily said...

I want to enter in the contest! My favorite post was your Part 4: chemo treatment and snoopy dance! My email is mills (dot) emily (at) gmail (dot) com. thanks.

Brooke said...

Favorite post? EEK! So many! So I will choose a favorite TYPE of post. I like that when you talk about alterations you make to patterns, you don't just say I did X alteration. You usually show and explain exactly what you did to each pattern piece to make it work.

My email, brooke dot hinrichs at gmail dot com

Yohandy said...

I just found your blog not long ago. But so far, I like all of your posts. I love your pattern reviews, but I also loved reading your posts about your chemo treatment. It was great to read how you were in such high spirits despite having to go through that.

My email: my.4.loves at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

no doubt-the comment on donning your warpaint and doing battles with cancer. a truly inspirational winning attitude.

touva7 at aol dot com

Pammy in NY said...

Ann...I love your sewing posts, but the posts I really enjoy when you tell us about your singing :)

pamsewsit at yahoo dot com

Elizabeth said...

Ann, I love it all! You are so helpful and generous with your sewing information, and your humor keeps me coming back. If I had to narrow it down to one post, I do so enjoy Easy Ways to Ruin a Great Project. Those are definitely things that I need to think about--particularly buttons. When I've spent real money on buttons, I've NEVER been disappointed.

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry--I'm an idiot--I forgot to leave my email. elizabethmadethis@yahoo.com

BeccaA said...

I love your posts about fighting back against cancer by looking fabulous from pink (or other) wig to the right shoes and everything between. I do especially love the pictures of you in your pink wig--you're radiant in that color! You are an inspiration to fight back.

Angela said...

O how fun! I love your outfit posts for your treatment... love your attitude and your fabulou outfits including the wigs!

ang.m.so at gmail dot com

plaidshoes said...

I would love to win! I so much enjoy your pattern reviews.

Sharon Sews said...

Cancer, Chemo and What I Wore #1. While I've inspired these past few months watching my son battle his brain cancer with optimism and humor, I've also been inspired with your attitude towards the cancer you battled.

sewingbysharon at gmail dot com

Meegan said...

I loved your 'Saturday morning' story - a delicious piece of downtime from some challenging days.
meegan9 at earthlink dot com

Patsy said...

Oops, I almost missed it !! Well, everyone loved the "chemo and what you wore posts", but I think my recent favorite was the wig shopping one. A dear non-sewing friend had just experienced the same thing and we laughed so much over it. Sign me up and I'll gladly pay the postage !

Unknown said...

My favorite posts of recent memory have been the chemo outfits. You're always looking good!

Monet said...

Ann, I found your post about your final chemo treatment so inspirational...it made me cry. Thanks for sharing your story so honestly--and thanks for having this awesome giveaway! I'm madebymonet at gmail dot com.

Ella said...

The chemo outfit posts are courageous and admirable!!

SuBoo said...

I love the posts of you dressing up for chemo - it's just so inspiring to see you tackle things head on and with a great attitude (and looking super fine to boot!)

mail.suboo[at]gmail.com