I love them! Now I grant you, they aren't something I'd wear to church or to a parent-teacher meeting. They bring back memories of the basketball uniforms that Larry Bird and the 80's Boston Celtics wore, don't they?
Photo credit: Manny Millan/Sports Illustrated*
But how fun will these be to just slip on for summer? It's the kind of look that needs legs without cellulite (thank you very much Mom), and in my case, self tanner. But I think I'll trace these off and whip up a pair. Or several. The May issue of Burda has a bunch of shorts patterns that are cute and look super fast to make. I think I'll try the bermudas too. They would work well in one of the Madras Patchwork Cottons. I think this one in blues would look really nice:
What are you working on this weekend?
Happy sewing!
*Interesting piece of trivia: in the photo of Bird, number 25 is Doc Rivers, the current coach of the Celtics


20 comments:
I really like those shorts! They'd be cute in a super lightweight denim, too. If you pair them with a longer top, perhaps a lightweight tunic, you could totally get away with them. I swear by that fashion maxim: if I wear something skimpy on the top/bottom, I wear something conservative on the other half. Like tank tops with wide-leg trousers, a mini with a 3/4 sleeve boatneck top, etc.
I'm trying to fit a simple shift dress that I've been working on for a month. I got the bodice to fit, but that threw the skirt off! I think this is the 5th muslin. If it doesn't work today, I swear, I'm done with it! (Yeah right, I said that last weekend.)
I thought about making them up, too. Easy to throw on and stay cool in, laying around the house or sitting at the sewing machine. I'll be grabbing the self-tanner, too...
I miss the short shorts that the basketball players used to wear. I wouldn't mind owning a pair myself. I look stupid in long shorts since I'm so short. With your cute figure, they'll look great and if someone doesn't like the look of you legs, too bad!
Umm, I love them too! I saw them last night and figured I would give them a try this summer. They can't look any worse than the shorts I currently have! I say go for it.
I am definitely making them!
very short...shorts... but with a nice pair of legs...
I have just made myself a sleeveless a line dress... in a fabric i loved but more suitable for upholstery than for a dress... I knew it... but still wanted to try out...
Those shorts are cute but too short for me to wear.
Still working on my winter coat. The time to spend in the Studio has been so limited lately.
I just worked out my schedule for next week and it is no better. DH and I will be taking tomorrow off as a weekend day. I hope to spend a good portion of the day in the Studio. We are embroidering shirts for the grandson. DH is loving the embroidery machine.
I am making a dress with your madras patchwork. I love that fabric! And the shorts, of course, go for it. They are cute!
I am working on mother/daughter purses for my niece and grand nice...they are my OLDER brother's kids.
Can't say that the shorts do much foir me, but I wouldn't mind seeing an athletic mail form in them!
Go for the shorts, Ann!
I'm cutting out and sewing some box bags a la Stacy Sews for friends that have been waiting for them and then my madras skirt for me me me!
Maureen
They look pretty nice and comfortable. They will look super made up in the patchwork fabric.
That is too funny! This weekend, I saw two men approx. our age out running and wearing shorts this short.
I immediately thought of, ummm, Richard Simmons, actually.
You have much nicer legs. Go for it!
I WANNA SEW....Waaaaaa! Right now I'm doing bills (so lovely - bleach!), cleaning up the studio and other duties....I just wanna make some stuff up and sit around and admire it for five minutes - OK maybe longer.
I don't think they are shiney enough for Richard Simons, are they? Anyway - they do look comfy and non-bindy, great for summer, although I would be adding a few inches to the length. No sewing - the garden took priority, although I am making progress going through the stack of magazines that are hogging up one corner of my sewing table.
I think they're cute and that you should go for it. :)
Cute shorts! Why not?
Well, if I had the legs for it, I'd wear them. But, I'll stick to the longer ones for now!
Do it.
Hmm, I thought the same thing when I saw them. They remind me of those skimpy shorts from the 70's. You do have to have fab legs to wear them. With my lovely pear shape, this wouldn't look so fab on me, so I'll admire your pair.
*sigh* I love that blue madras so muchm, I wish I'd bought more of it!
Post a Comment