Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Giveaway, Kittens!


I was going through my magazine cabinet (every Threads issue since 1989, how scary is that?), and I came across a bunch of Modellina and Patrones. Some of these were gifts from friends, and I feel a little guilty about giving them away. But I feel worse that they are moldering in my cabinet, unused and unloved, so...

Here's another contest! To win one of these fabulous magazines, you gotta answer this question -

How does the poem/recipe for Ann's World-Famous Jamaican Rum Punch go?

Email your answer to ann "at" gorgeousfabrics "dot" com, with your mailing address. The first six folks who get the correct answer will find one randomly selected yet utterly fabulous magazine winging its way to your door! The answer is somewhere in the past posts. And the story that goes along with it still makes those of us who were there chuckle.

Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann's World-Famous Jamaican Rum Punch (recite this poem with me)

1 part sour
2 parts sweet
3 parts strong
4 parts weak

translation for a crowd of partiers:
1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon and/or lime juice (I like to use both)
2 cups simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together for 5 minutes, then cooled)
3 cups rum (or 2 1/2 cups rum and 1/2 cup coconut rum)
4 cups ice (you can also put 2 cups orange and pineapple juices in and 2 cups of ice)

Stir all ingredients together, add bitters to taste, and garnish with a scrape of nutmeg. Enjoy!