I won't bother to review it, since it is another
J Stern Designs Tee. But I made another springy top to put me in the mood for warmer weather! I used another rayon jersey from
Gorgeous Fabrics. This time I used
11 oz. Rayon Jersey in Blue Skies. I cut a size medium (definitely going to be a "thin day" top). I constructed it pretty much as usual, with the exception of the neckline. Rather than following the pattern's instructions for applying the neckband, I did what I call the Kwik Sew method. For a size medium, I cut a 20 inch by 1 inch strip of the rayon jersey on the crosswise wale. I sewed the ends together in a 1/4 inch seam, and divided the band into quarters, marking each with a pin.

I divided the neckline similarly, placing pins at center front, center back, and halfway between on either side. I matched up the pins, sewed the band to the neckline, easing the neck onto the band and thereby snugging it up, and voila! A successful neckline with no hassle!

I have another 11 oz. jersey that I think I'll make into a Jalie tee next. Stay tuned!
Happy sewing!
12 comments:
Another great top Ann! I love that color!
Pretty top. That is one of my favorite colors.
Real cute top. Maybe we'll actually see spring one of these days.
I like this. I have this pattern thanks to your review and have been undecided about the fabric I want to use. I just purchased a gray matte jersey from you so perhaps that would make up well for this. But I am really liking your spring colors! Another purchase? Probably so.
Really cute top. Do you make an fba in this one?
Pretty! I love the color!
Love the color, love the style. Thanks for the reminder about another designer!
I see you're keeping the dream of spring alive! Great top!
Great looking top and I love the color too!
Makes me want to see the bluebirds arrive! Great top.
A pretty top, pretty color, regardless of the weather. It's a "breath of spring", even on a cold miserable day.
I really need to get this pattern - it's so pretty. LOVE that fabric! And I wish everyone would quit talking about SPRING - it's getting hot and humid here and I hate it. :-(
Post a Comment