Well, the tree is down, the decorations are stored for another year. The laundry is done and the kids have finished their vacation homework, so it's time to hit the sewing room. Right now I'm finishing up another version of JStern's Tee, using Dance on the Wild Side Mesh from Gorgeous Fabrics:
I started cutting it out at noon on Christmas Eve, but between trying to do Christmas with my family and blowing town right after, it's still in pieces on the sewing table. It will be a fun top for celebratory affairs like Valentine's day, my friend Barb's birthday, etc. I'll try to finish it today and post pictures.
The other thing I'm ready to start working on seriously is my Chanel-style jacket. That's the one I started with Susan Khalje when she was in town. It's completely quilted and ready to start sewing. I'm so excited about it! Susan is an absolute font of knowledge and she's written one of the best articles about making a Chanel-style jacket. You can order it directly from Taunton Press. If you don't have it, I highly recommend it. I think it's one of the best resources out there. She was telling us that when she wrote the article, Chanel was incredibly helpful, opening their archives and letting her really study the construction of jackets up close and personal. I also love her online article about choosing trim for a Chanel-style jacket.
For my version, I'm using Vogue 7975.
Susan showed us in class how to convert the pattern's two-piece sleeve to a more Chanel-like three piece sleeve, canting the bottom part of the sleeve vent to make the trim sit beautifully. I'll post pictures of the results when I'm done. I don't have the trim yet. I hope to be able to get to New York at some point in January to purchase the perfect trim(s) for it. We'll see how things go on Tuesday and hopefully I'll get to M&J or Tinsel Trading before the end of the month. It's a spring color jacket, so I don't have to rush, but it sure would be nice to have it ready for Easter. We'll see how it goes!
Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I'll be out of commission Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, though the warehouse and the guys will be processing orders and shipping things out. Tuesday is the surgery and Wednesday I'll be recovering (hopefully). So I don't know when I'll be blogging actively. Hopefully not too long from now. Well, I'm hoping you'll see the latest top this afternoon, but after that... we'll see. Wish me luck. Thanks for everything, and of course,
Keep on sewing!
4 days ago


35 comments:
Best Wishes with your surgery. I'm looking forward to paying close attention to all the wonderful projects you make over the coming year. ~rosie/the fabric shopper~
Best Wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. You can do it. I believe in you!
Best wishes Ann. I will keep you in my thoughts and send positive, healthy energy your way. 2010 will be your year. You will conquer this.
I'll be saying lots of prayers for you this week.
I will be thinking of you and am sending you many good wishes your way!
~Belle from Illinois
Sending you positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a very speedy recovery.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck on your surgery and recovery. Your fan club will miss you!
Kristen
Hi Ann,
Once in the early stages after diagnosis,as I was going in for treatment, a nurse took my hand and looked me in the eye and said " you are young, and strong, and you can beat this."
Yes, you can!
Maureen
Well wishes and prayers for your upcoming surgery/recovery. How are you treating the mesh, self-lining it?
Oh good question Myra. I'm underlining the front and back pieces with black rayon jersey. I kind of wish now that I had put red or bright pink as the underlining, but I thought I would have it done before we left and wear it for New Years. Oh well. Next time!
Best wishes, Ann!
You're in prayers, and I hope you bounce back quickly from surgery!
Sending bright healthy thoughts to you Ann -- we're all with you!!
Best wishes with your surgery.
Ann, I am getting my mammogram the same day you have surgery. Thank you dear girlfriend for kicking me in the ass to get that done.
Prayers, love, good thoughts all coming your way.
Best wishes for a completely successful outcome, and a very happy, completely healthy 2010 and beyond.
Good luck Ann.
Much luck on your surgery,all good thoughts will be with you.
Good luck Ann, I will keep you in my prayers
Best wishes Ann for the surgery. With your fighting spirit the little sucker has no hope! :) Take it easy and look after yourself.
Ann,
My prayers are with you. I have faith your recovery will be swift and complete.
I know you have many things more important to think about, but the link you provided to order the back issue of Susan's Chanel jacket article is no longer available. Do you (or your readers) know of any other way to obtain a copy?
Cynthia
Good luck Ann!!!!!!
I've said a prayer for you and will continue to pray and keep you in my thoughts. Good luck!
Linda
Graytone, check to see if your local library carries back issues of Threads. If not, they can get a copy of the article for you through interlibrary loan. To find out the issue number and page, use the online Threads index at their website. Check either your public library or community college library if the college has a fashion/design program. HTH,
Linda
Good luck! Keeping you in my thoughts.
Wishing you well. Stay strong, "Pink Warrior".
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way...
Just call Threads for a copy of the article. I called Threads on my way to Atlanta a few months ago and they happily made a copy of the article and mailed it to me at no charge!
Good Luck Ann and my thoughts are with you.
Beth
Sending you good thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. Good luck Ann!!
Best wishes on Tuesday, and for a full recovery.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Ann!
I just saw the top - fabulous and I can see you wearing it!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for the rest of the week!
Ann, I wish you all the best tomorrow and in the coming weeks. Stay strong. We are all rooting for you.
Helen
Good Luck with the surgery
I hope all went well with your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery, somehow I can't imagine you taking it easy but you must.
Post a Comment