Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't say I'll be terribly sorry to bid adieu to 2009. It was a wildly uneven year. From great highs to great lows, and lots of stuff in between. But it ended on a high note, in more ways than one!

From a sewing perspective, I sewed a LOT of things. Some of my favorites from the year include: (each link opens in a new window)
Burda Hoodie
Hotpatterns Uptown Downtown Dress
My Susan Khalje Bustier
McCalls 5287 Shirtdress
Simplicity 3503 Boho Maxi Dress, that I wore for DS the Younger's TV appearance
Burda 9812 Pants for DS the Second
Burda Spring Coat
Embroidered Spring Skirt
And of course, Tatitana's Dresses.

There were some incredible moments. I met some wonderful new sewing friends. I hosted a Sit and Sew with Susan Khalje. Gorgeous Fabrics is going strong. I celebrated my half-life wedding anniversary, and my family and friends are just wonderful and supportive.

Yes, there's been one major bump in that road. It sucks, but I'll get past it (keep me in your thoughts on January 5th, please). And of course, it's been painful dealing with this economy. But chin up! We're all going to come through this okay, and perhaps a little wiser!

Parting Shot: Alta

If you have never been there, go! Utah is one of my favorite places in the world. And Alta is one of my favorite places in Utah.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful New Year. May 2010 bring you health, happiness and prosperity in whatever way you define it.

24 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy New Year, Ann! Thanks for the ongoing "sewing inspiration" that you give! Take care!

JoanneM said...

That bustier just amazes me.....what a year......hello 2010!

Unknown said...

You've made some very beautiful things this year, so like Kathy said, thanks for the inspiration. You will be in my prayers on the 5th!

gwensews said...

Back to ya'! And, good luck with whatever treatment you'll be getting. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Shannon said...

All the best in the new year, Ann! I will certainly be thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO Ann....!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, same to you Ann! All happiness and health in the New Year! I will have you in mind on the 5th. As we say "whatever it takes!" and you can do it.

Beautiful photo--I agree Utah is a a winter wonderland.



Maureen

Dana said...

Good health and much happiness for you and your family in the upcoming year!

Ann Made Studio said...

Happy New Year to you too Ann!

I'll be thinking of you on the 5th

Summerset said...

Happy New Year! I certainly hope that there will be more bright spots in 2010 than there were in 2009!

Vicki said...

Same back to you - happy New Year! Will be thinking of you on the 5th and sending positive energy your way.

Maja said...

Happy New Year Ann! All the best in 2010.

Maryissewfast said...

Happy New Year Ann...I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

meredithp said...

Here's to bright spots for everyone in 2010! And I'll definitely be thinking about you next week...and beyond! Take good care!

Bunny said...

Happy New Year, Ann. May your highs be more numerous and your lows be higher.

JustGail said...

Happy New Year! I've enjoyed reading about your sewing adventures, and look forward to seeing your 2010 projects. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts also.

Kathi said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers on the 5th. May 2010 be a wonderful new year for you that gets better with each passing day.

anita said...

Happy New Year, Ann! Wishing you healthy and happy times in 2010.

Elaray said...

Happy New Year, Ann! I'm sure 2010 will bring many wonderful experiences and blessings.

Suzy said...

Jan 5. Date marked, you'll be in our thoughts and purrs. May 2010 be better than 2009. Time to slough off the old, and start a new decade! Just think of all the wonderful sewing in store!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Ann. I want to share with you a tidbit a mentor gave me to ride the rough "waves": roll with the punches, hope for the best. I know your tough spirit and positive attitude will get you through it.

Sincerely,
umjudis

Sandra said...

Happy New Year, Ann, and best wishes!!

amber said...

Lots of good thoughts and prayers coming your way on the 5th. Here's to a great 2010!

Sharon said...

You are very much in my thoughts .... You will Kick it! hugs