Saturday, September 26, 2009

OMG - I'm in LOVE with this Coat!

How intensely fabulous is this?? The bag isn't too shabby either, but I lurve this coat! I may just have to start tracing it off. It's in the current (October 2009) issue of Burda magazine, which just arrived in my mailbox this afternoon. I think it would be fab in either this Cashmere/Wool coating from Loro Piana

or this Loro Piana Baby Camel in jet black. It looks so cozy and comfortable to wear!

This issue has me drooling over lots of their patterns. There's a section on the LBD that has some great styles, and some interesting articles.

But first I want to get my skirt done!

Parting Shot: New Fence
You might remember that last year, we lost our shed to an 80 foot oak tree. Then the tree guy came in and, in the process of taking down several trees, destroyed our fence. Insurance covered next to nothing. We've been saving up all year to replace it, and today the guys came to start putting in the new one. Hurray! Now I don't have to look at my old busted fence and 20 feet of plastic netting that was acting as a stopgap barrier between Hoover and the rest of the world.
Happy sewing!

11 comments:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

I like this coat, yes. You know ... I have a Vogue pattern Anne Klein, exactly like this model. I'll send a photo via e-mail.

huggssss....!!!,

Paco

AuntieAllyn said...

Oooh, likey likey this coat! The shoes are to die for . . . I want those, too!!!!!

NancyDaQ said...

Love the whole ensemble, especially those shoes!

Erica Bunker said...

That coat is gorge! Even though I would probably only wear it 2 times, I would love a full length coat like that.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Ohhhh! Now I will have to go looking for the October Burda!?!

Maggie said...

I looove this coat too. Speaking of wrap coats...did anyone see the Vogue article on the "Love Story" wrap coat worn by Ali Macgraw? Since then I dug out my copy of the movie and am looking for a similar pattern. Any help would be appreciated.

uggbootdiva said...

coat, it's cool - but I love your fence!! (but you can't wear that)

Karin van Dam said...

That coat is marvelous indeed. Can't wait to see your version of it!

Gigi said...

What a fabulous coat - and the FABRIC!!!! I envy you your winters just because of the coats. :-(

Yeah, it blows that insurance doesn't cover trees and fences. I had my fence repaired as best as I could after the last hurricane. Next time, I'll have to replace it and I just hate spending money on that kind of thing (cuts into the sewing and shoe budget, for sure). I'm really surprised that the plastic fencing kept Hoover in, lol.

Linda T said...

FYI, I have seen similar wrap coats this season, in the mags, that end up looking like bathrobes.

Love the fabric you are choosing between. The fabric will make all the difference, I am sure. I look forward to seeing your version!

amber said...

Oh man, that looks like something you'd want to just curl up in when the weather is icky. If you make it I vote for the brown or in the dark grey like the picture.